To successfully complete a period of recognised training in order to qualify as a solicitor.
Trainee tasks & responsibilities may include:
- Professional Responsibility – maintaining records/trainee diary of all work and external training completed, according to SRA standards
- Arranging (with HR) and attending professional skills courses and other internal & external training, to ensure the SRA training requirements are met.
- Preparation of case files, under supervision.
- Correspondence with lawyers and Counsel, under supervision.
- Attending meetings with clients, under supervision.
- Providing appropriate legal advice to clients, under supervision.
- Legal Research – researching various aspects of the law at the request of your supervisor/other solicitors.
- Planning & reviewing ongoing training programme, with guidance and assistance from HR and your supervisor.
- Court Attendance – shadowing lawyers at court and gaining experience through observation.
- Assisting solicitors at court by preparing cases/bundles, liaising with clients as and when required.
- Drafting legal documentation, under supervision
- Any other duties deemed appropriate for a trainee at Healys LLP.