To successfully complete a period of recognised training in order to qualify as a solicitor.
Trainee tasks & responsibilities may include:
- Professional Responsibility – maintaining records/trainee diary of all work and external training completed, according to SRA standards
- Arranging (with HR) and attending professional skills courses and other internal & external training, to ensure the SRA training requirements are met.
- Preparation of case files, under supervision.
- Correspondence with lawyers and Counsel, under supervision.
- Attending meetings with clients, under supervision.
- Providing appropriate legal advice to clients, under supervision.
- Legal Research – researching various aspects of the law at the request of your supervisor/other solicitors.
- Planning & reviewing ongoing training programme, with guidance and assistance from HR and your supervisor.
- Court Attendance – shadowing lawyers at court and gaining experience through observation.
- Assisting solicitors at court by preparing cases/bundles, liaising with clients as and when required.
- Drafting legal documentation, under supervision
- Any other duties deemed appropriate for a trainee at Healys LLP.
Candidates Declaring a Disability
We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and we will always make any reasonable adjustments necessary to ensure that you are able fully to participate in the selection process at every stage. If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please state this on your application and/or notify us as soon as possible if you are selected for the first stage in the recruitment process.