PARENT OF A CHILD STUDENT VISA
The Parent of a Child Student Visa will allow one parent to come to or stay in the UK to care for their child (or children) where the child is studying at an independent fee-paying school under a Child Student Visa.
Requirements for a Parent of a Child Student Visa
In order to qualify for a Parent of a Child Student visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas & Immigration that:
- You are aged 18 or over;
- You are the parent of a child who has, or is at the same time applying for, entry clearance or permission to stay as a Child Student;
- The Child Student’s other parent is not in the UK and is not seeking to come to the UK;
- The Child Student is aged between 4 and 11 years old and has, or is at the same time applying for, entry clearance or permission to stay, as a Child Student;
- You intend to live with the Child Student during your stay in the UK;
- You have enough money to support yourself without relying on public funds;
- You do not intend to make the UK your main home and have sufficient funds to maintain your main home outside the UK.
The exact requirements you will need to satisfy will vary depending on your circumstances. Please speak to our solicitors for expert advice.