Customer area
Brighton 01273 685 888
Tier 1 Investor Visa
call-answerCall Us
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • ×

    At Healys Solicitors our specialist Immigration Lawyers have years of experience in dealing with all Tier 1 Investor visa applications for investors.  Our dedicated team will be able to guide you through the process and offer a tailored service to fit your needs.

    What Is a Tier 1 Investor Visa?

    The Tier 1 Investor visa is an easy way for investors and their families to meet the requirements for residence in the UK.

    What are the requirements for a Tier 1 Investor Visa?

    The visa is open to anyone who can show that they have £2,000,000 GBP in cash available to invest in the UK.  You can also get access to the visa if you have already invested £2,000,000 GBP into the UK in the last 12 months.  You must also be able to show the source of income if the funds are less than 3 months old.

    Once the visa has been granted and you have entered the UK, you will have three months to invest the full £2,000,000 GBP into a portfolio of qualifying investments.

    The investment must be made into UK government bonds or loan capital/share capital in UK registered trading companies.  Investors cannot make investments in companies that engage mainly in property investment, property management or property development; but construction is allowed.  No investment can be made in open-ended investment companies, investment trust companies or pooled investment vehicles.  Investors also cannot make simple bank deposits and investments in an offshore company or trust investment.

    Can I Bring My Family Members With Me?

    With the Investors visa you are able to bring your dependants into the country. These are usually classed as:

    • Spouse – husband or wife (can be any age)
    • Unmarried partners – 2 years co-habitation required
    • Civil partners
    • Same sex partners – 2 years co-habitation required
    • Children under 18 – as long as they are unmarried and not living an independent life
    • Children over 18 – only where they were a dependant in a previous application

    What about settling in the UK?

    The UK Government will grant an initial visa for three years and this can be extended a further 2 years.  If you maintain your investment for 5 years, you may qualify for permanent residence (indefinite leave to remain).  You can qualify for accelerated indefinite leave to remain if you maintain an investment of £5,000,000 GBP over 3 years and £10,000,000 GBP over 2 years.

    Under the Investment visa you can spend up to 180 days a year outside the UK and still qualify for indefinite leave to remain.

    How can Healys Help?

    Our specialist Immigration Team will prepare and submit your application (and those of your dependants) from the UK.  We will ensure that all supporting documents are carefully drafted and scrutinised to comply with UK Immigration Rules and specifically assist your bank to produce financial documents that also comply with the rule.

    We will advise you on the best type of application for your situation and give you the insight you need to make informed decisions along the way. We aim to not only make the process as smooth as possible but to enhance it and improve the chances of your permanent residence application being successful.

    We are a law firm that understands its customers and treats every individual case as something new. We focus on building relationships with our clients to ensure that we can provide them with the best legal representation and advice possible. With several decades of experience across different aspects of law, including immigration, we believe that we are in a unique position to offer our clients the best advice available on managing and processing UK visa applications.

    Call Us Today
    Call our London office on 020 7822 4000 or our Brighton office on 01273 685 888. You can also contact us online.
    Call Us Today
    London: 020 7822 4000 Brighton: 01273 685 888 Or you can contact us online: Contact Us