We are seeking a solicitor for our Clinical Negligence Department, to take over from a Partner due to retire at the end of 2021. This is a superb opportunity for the right person, to develop and grow an existing department.
We act on behalf of Claimants across a broad range of delayed or misdiagnosed treatments including orthopaedic, gynaecology and oncology.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5+ years PQE and experience of dealing with a wide variety of Multi Track value claims derived from different clinical areas. Although Claimant firm experience is preferred, Defendant NHSR panel firm experience will also be considered. Previous experience of mental health law is desirable, but not essential.
You will be fully conversant with all aspects of the Civil Procedural Rules, have considerable experience of running cases from inception through to Trial and have the confidence and ability to work with minimal supervision.
Main responsibilities include:
- Speaking and/or meeting with prospective new clients to take initial instructions & risk assess the suitability of a case to run it on a CFA basis;
- Being fully familiar with and advising on all forms of case funding, particularly CFA and ATE;
- Progressing claims expeditiously, liaising with clients to update them on a regular basis, by email or phone; Instructing and briefing Counsel on both liability and/or quantum;
- Negotiating settlement of claims, to include attending JSMs and client meetings in person and/or by Zoom, to include attending Conferences with Counsel;
- Attending Court, in person or by phone on Applications, CCMCs and Trials, in the County Court and QBD; Representing Claimant’s family at Inquests and PIRs;
- Being fully familiar and up to date with relevant costs law and confident in negotiating costs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and empathetic approach to the client’s claim;
- An organised, methodical approach & tidy and accurate file maintenance. Files kept in both hard copy and electronically on our case management system;
- In addition to cost consciousness, in order to meet billing targets, you will be fully involved in marketing and business development, to grow the department and for the firm’s wider needs. This includes Lexcel accreditation and existing listings in both the Legal 500 and Chambers for clinical negligence.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please send your CV to Sue Bachorski, Head of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Fee Earner|