How We Can Help
We understand the legal complexities of commercial property and can provide expert advice to help you navigate the process.
Our lawyers have particular expertise in the following areas:
Freehold Purchase and Sale of Premises
- When exchanging commercial property assets, ensuring you receive legal advice from the offset of the transaction is essential. Our team regularly works on cases with commercial entities and private investors on a national and international scale. We have a proven track record of facilitating complex property acquisitions and sales within the agreed parameters, including office, retail, hotels and industrial spaces.
Site Acquisitions, Disposals and Development
Property development activity can involve a minefield of challenges to navigate, but our experienced team is here to ensure you receive the best outcome from your transaction. From site acquisition to funding, refurbishment to construction, our proactive team can advise you every step of the way to not only avoid financial loss but also to often increase profit margins. We can provide expert guidance on:
- Land-buying strategies
- Construction contracts
- Development agreements & options
- Overage/Underage agreements
- Promotion agreement
- Section 106 agreements
- Option agreements
- Sale and conditional sale agreements
- Air space leases
- Licence for alterations
- L & T 1954 Act Notices
- Hotel & Leisure/ Restaurants & Pubs/ Retail shops, offices and warehouses
Leases and Renewal Agreements
- From city centre skyscrapers to single-shop units, we have a large and impressive track record in drafting and executing lease agreements that achieve our clients' key goals and desired outcomes without reaching protracted negotiation. The documentation we provide you will enable easy asset or facility management.
- Our specialist Business Tenancy Renewals solicitors are experts in negotiating ‘excluded tenancy’ agreements and achieving new desired lease terms for our clients in what we know can be an uncertain time.
- Rent reviews are the most common cause of disputes between landlords and tenants. Healys Specialist Rent Review solicitors have years of experience negotiating fast results and desired outcomes for our clients, reducing your financial loss and time.
- Healys has extensive experience providing straightforward, digestible advice when considering a property investment. We work for a wide range of domestic and overseas clients, from small private investors seeking to begin their property investment journey to corporate clients regularly expanding their property portfolio. The team is equipped to support your property investment journey in a timely and result-focused manner.
Real Estate Finance
- Healys knows that protecting your client's assets is of the utmost importance to a long-lasting professional relationship. We work with many clearing and merchant banks to ensure the security of a specific borrower’s assets. Our solicitors always act fast and smart to protect your clients and, therefore, your reputation.
Licences and Consents
- Healys offers professional advice and solutions on all aspects of licensing law. Our experienced team is available to draft and submit your premises licence application on your behalf, informing you of the ongoing development of the application and ensuring its efficient transition through the necessary stages.
Landlord and Tenant Law
- In addition to contractual obligations outlined in a specific lease or tenancy agreement, there are numerous statutory laws that landlords and tenants must comply with. Non-compliance with these laws can have serious financial implications. Healys can advise you on all mandatory obligations, as well as provide legal solutions if you feel a party within the agreement has neglected their responsibilities.