How We Can Help
Healys’ dedicated tech and media lawyers will be closely involved with your business to help with any issues you may face. We are often tasked with due diligence checks, preparing and reviewing draft agreements, and protecting clauses, to ensure you are meeting all necessary compliance.
We have the expertise to help clients across a wide range of industries, from small start-ups to large tech firms. Our strategic, straightforward, and client-first approach to tech and media law makes us an ideal partner that will put your company first.
Healys Tech & Media team offer the following services
IT & IP
Our IT & IP services can ensure your technology and media are protected and secure. Our expert team has experience in a range of areas, including:
- Software, technology, and know-how licensing
- Service level agreements
- Software development
- Website policies and T&Cs
- Media and entertainment content licensing
Media & Entertainment
Media & Entertainment law is based on the legal concept of copyright, where the author of an original piece of work is recognised as such. Our entertainment and media solicitors specialise in the following:
- Publishing, broadcasting, and reporting
- TV and film
- Digital media
We also ensure the proper documentation is in place, including:
- Copyright licensing for written media
- Contracts for the management or artists
- Contracts for the development and acquisition of TV and film projects
- Software computer game development and licensing
Healys’ data protection lawyers advise businesses on all areas of data protection, privacy law and more. We work closely with you to provide accurate data protection advice to ensure you legally manage your clients’ data.
- The rules of GDPR
- GDPR compliance and data protection policies
- Data sharing and processing arrangements
- Privacy notices and compliance documents
- Data breaches
- Advice on contract issues relating to GDPR
Top Tier Ranking In Legal 500
The Healys Tech & Media team is recognised by Legal 500 as one of the top practices in the UK, and accredited with a Tier 1 ranking for Technology, Media &Telecoms.
Partner and head of Tech & Media, Nicholas Taylor, is additionally ranked as a Leading Individual by Legal 500 and as a Recommended Lawyer in the Spears 500 private client guide.