How We Can Help
The professional negligence lawyers at Healys work to ensure that you receive clear and in-depth advice about proceeding with an IFA professional negligence claim. If you have a claim against an IFA and want expert legal advice or representation, get in touch so we can discuss your case. Once we have discussed and assessed your claim, you can decide on the best course of action with our support.
Advice on IFA Professional Negligence
Healys are experts in dealing with IFA Professional Negligence Claims. We offer free initial advice on your claim and if you do wish to proceed we may offer in certain circumstances a “No Win No Fee” service in the form of a Conditional Fee Agreement.
Please see information on funding your claim here
What can I claim for?
The following are some examples of cases where valid grounds for a negligence claim against an independent financial advisor may arise:
- If an IFA fails to disclose its own financial interest in a transaction or recommendation, such as receipt of payment or commission for the selling of particular services
- Where the investment has been misrepresented, leading the client to make a decision based on incorrect information
- Where the advice has been unsuitable to the individual client, whose requirements have not been considered
- If the IFA has offered unrealistic guarantees on an investment’s performance
- If the IFA did not fully explain the risks involved
- If the IFA did not disclose a conflict of interest
- If the IFA recommended products that did not match your risk profile
Healys are members of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association.
For more information regarding IFA Professional Negligence claims, please don’t hesitate to contact our specialist team today.
Recommended by Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and Spears 500
Our professional negligence team has been consistently recognised by leading legal review bodies and for many years.
We are accredited by the Legal 500 as a leading firm for professional negligence with partners Robert Johnson and David Bailey both individually accredited as Recommended Lawyers in this field.
Both Robert Johnson and David Bailey are also named as Top Recommended Litigators in the Spears 500 guide to the best private client advisors, with Robert Johnson additionally accredited by Chambers & Partners as a leading individual for his expertise in professional negligence.