A Fiance Visa allows a person who settled status in the UK to bring their Fiancé to join them in the UK.
To qualify for a Fiancé Visa, the following must be satisfied:
- The sponsor and their Fiancé must be 18 years of age or over
- The sponsor and applicant must be in a genuine relationship – this means they must have met each other and intend to live together on a permanent basis once married
- The sponsor must show that any previous relationship they have been in has ended and that they are legally free to marry
- The sponsor and applicant must have a serious intention to marry within six months of the Fiancée Visa validity period
- The sponsor and applicant must have enough funds to support themselves without claiming public funds and the sponsor must be claiming a minimum of £18,600 per annum – the level of this requirement will increase if dependants are being sponsored
- There must be suitable accommodation for the sponsor, applicant and any dependants
- The applicant must pass an English language test and they are exempt if they meet the same exemptions outlined in the spouse visa section
How can our Immigration Team help?
Our Immigration Lawyers are experts in the field and offer a comprehensive legal advice as a standard. Our Team has experience of dealing with clients from all over the world and will ensure any application meets the legal requirements for entry into the United Kingdom.