A Fiance Visa allows a person who has settled status in the UK to bring their Fiancé to join them in the UK.
To qualify for a Fiancé Visa, the following must be satisfied:
- The sponsor and their Fiancé must be 18 years of age or over
- The sponsor and applicant must be in a genuine relationship – this means they must have met each other and intend to live together on a permanent basis once married
- The sponsor must show that any previous relationship they have been in has ended and that they are legally free to marry
- The sponsor and applicant must have a serious intention to marry within six months of the Fiancée Visa validity period
- The sponsor and applicant must have enough funds to support themselves without claiming public funds and the sponsor must be claiming a minimum of £18,600 per annum – the level of this requirement will increase if dependants are being sponsored
- There must be suitable accommodation for the sponsor, applicant and any dependants
- The applicant must pass an English language test
How can our Immigration Team help?
Our Immigration Lawyers are experts in the field and offer comprehensive legal advice as a standard. Our team has experience of dealing with clients from all over the world and will ensure any application meets the legal requirements for entry into the United Kingdom.