Customer area
Brighton 01273 685 888
Health and Care Worker Visa
call-answerCall Us
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • ×


    The Health and Care Worker Visa is open to qualified doctors, nurses and allied health professionals of all nationalities (except British and Irish) who have been trained to a recognised standard.

    The Health and Care Worker Visa can lead to settlement in the UK after 5 years and applicants can be joined by dependant partners and children.

    Requirements for a Health and Care Worker Visa

    In order to qualify for a Health and Care Worker Visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that:

    • You are aged 18 or over;
    • You are a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional;
    • You work or will work in an eligible health or social care job, which falls within the list of approved occupation codes;
    • You work or will work for a UK health and care sector employer that has been approved by the Home Office;
    • You have a valid ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you have been offered;
    • You are competent in the English language to at least CEFR Level B1 (equivalent to IELTS 4.0);
    • You will be paid the minimum salary or the ‘going rate’ for the type of work you will be doing, whichever is higher;
    • You have enough money to support yourself without relying on public funds;
    • You have provided a criminal record certificate, if working with vulnerable people; and
    • You have provided a valid TB certificate, if from a listed country.

    The exact requirements you will need to satisfy will vary depending on your circumstances. Please speak to our solicitors for expert advice.

    Call Us Today
    Call our London office on 020 7822 4000 or our Brighton office on 01273 685 888. You can also contact us online.
    Call Us Today
    London: 020 7822 4000 Brighton: 01273 685 888 Or you can contact us online: Contact Us