UK International Sportsperson Visa
The UK International Sportsperson Visa is for elite sportspersons and qualified sports coaches who are recognised as being at the highest level of their sport internationally. You will need to be sponsored on a short or long-term contract and have been endorsed by an appropriate UK sport’s governing body.
UK International Sportsperson visas are available for a period of either 12 months or less, or for a period exceeding 12 months.
The UK International Sportsperson visa provides a route to settlement for sportspersons who have been granted leave in the UK International Sportsperson category for a period exceeding 12 months. All applicants may be joined or accompanied by a dependent partner and children.
Requirements for a UK International Sportsperson Visa
In order to qualify for a UK International Sportsperson visa you will need to satisfy UK Visas & Immigration that:
- You are aged 16 or over;
- You have an offer of a job as a sports person from an approved sponsor that holds an International Sportsperson sponsor licence (which requires a valid Certificate of Sponsorship for the role you wish to undertake);
- You have been endorsed by an appropriate UK Sports Governing Body;
- You genuinely intend, and are able, to undertake the role for which you are being sponsored and do not intend to undertake other employment;
- You satisfy an English language requirement (if applying for a UK International Sportsperson visa for a period exceeding 12 months);
- You have sufficient personal savings to support yourself in the UK;
- Your application does not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal;
- You have provided a valid TB certificate, if required.
What happens next?
- For more information, or to discuss your case, call us now on 020 7822 4000
- We will arrange a consultation over the phone with a legal professional, who will review your case and set out your options.
- If you decide to choose us as your immigration law representatives, we will offer a fixed-price service or an hourly rate, depending on your needs.
Our specialist Immigration Lawyers are experts in the field and offer comprehensive legal advice as a standard. Our team has experience of dealing with clients from all over the world and will ensure any application meets the legal requirements for entry into the United Kingdom.
We take pride in the partnerships we forge with our clients, and are excited to discuss your case and options with you. Contact us on 020 7822 4000 to talk to one of our multi-lingual immigration lawyers today. Alternately, you can email Healys’ lawyers at: firstname.lastname@example.org