YOUTH MOBILITY SCHEME (T5) VISA
The Youth Mobility Scheme (T5) visa is for young adults from participating countries and territories who wish to experience life in the United Kingdom for a period of up to two years.
Dependants are not eligible to apply on the Youth Mobility Scheme (T5) visa route and it is not a route that leads directly to settlement in the UK.
Requirements for a Youth Mobility Scheme (T5) visa
In order to qualify for a Youth Mobility Scheme (T5) visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas & Immigration that:
- You are aged between 18 and 30 on the date of the application;
- You are a citizen of Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Japan, Monaco, Taiwan, the Republic of Korea, or San Marino or are a British overseas citizen, a British overseas territories citizen or a British national (overseas);
- You have funds of £2,530 which you have held for a 28 day period within the 31 days before your application;
- You do not have any children under 18 who are living with you or are financially dependent on you;
- You have not previously been in the UK on the Youth Mobility Scheme route;
- You have paid the visa application fee and Immigration Health Charge and provided any required biometric information;
- You have taken a tuberculosis test, if required;
- You do not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.
The exact requirements you will need to satisfy will vary depending on your circumstances. Please speak to our solicitors for expert advice.